I want to make sure you get the hands-on training you want because of that this class will be taught by 2 instructors and have no more than 10 students.
We want to keep the instructor to student ratio low so that each student gets the proper amount of attention and training. The instructors have a combined background of multiple tour combat veteran experience, 10 years of law enforcement experience, and continued training from a now retired Delta Force Instructor.
In the classroom we’ll cover:
- Pieces and parts of the rifle
- Disassembly & Reassembly
- How to set up your sling configuration
- Ammo selection
- Training on how to fix the most common problems you may encounter with the AR shooting platform
At the range will cover:
- Establishing your rifle’s zero (iron sights and optics)
- Loading and reloading drills
- How to make accurate hits at various ranges, and how to shoot accurately from various positions (standing, kneeling, sitting, and prone).
For this 6-7 hour class, you’ll need:
- Eye and Ear Protection
- AR Platform Rifle
- Minimum of 3 Magazines (more is better)
- Pouches for 3 Magazines on Body (belt mounted or chest rig)
- Iron Sights and/or an Optic
- 300 Rounds of Ammunition
- Rifle Lube and Cleaning Tools
Since we’ll be shooting from various positions I’d also recommend a shooting mat to kneel and lay on or a set of knee pads and elbow pads.
The shooting mat and knee/elbow pads are your choices depending on what you like or prefer.
I encourage people to “train like you fight” so if you have a battle belt, sidearm, vest, mag carriers, etc. that you’d like to wear while shooting I am all for it.