ARCS Beginner Handgun Course
for the Average Woman
Have you ever wanted to know what handgun is best for you?
Most women I know have a lot of questions about guns
- What kind of gun should I buy?
- Where do I learn how to shoot a gun?
- How do I take care of it?
- How do I handle a gun safely?
- What do I do if the gun does not fire?
- Will it go off if I drop it and so on
Sign Up for Women Beginner Class
My name is Jeremy Haas, I have been asked many times to teach a class on the safe and efficient use of a handgun for the average person. Over the years, I have found that most of these requests come from young people and women, with women constituting the majority of the requests.
In many cases the motive behind these requests involves the realization on the part of a woman that learning to shoot is a huge step towards real liberation…far more effective than putting all of your faith in a rape whistle, or a can of pepper spray that has by now no doubt buried itself in the bottom of your purse. The ability to protect herself, and perhaps her children, without the necessity of relying on the police, or anyone else, (who probably won’t be available when needed, anyway) is a tremendous boost to anyone’s self-confidence.
Most women can out shoot most men, when given the proper information and instruction. Unfortunately, most women never get the chance to show their ability at its highest levels because they are inadvertently steered off course in the earliest stages of their handgun training by the well-meaning, but misinformed men who are “teaching” them how to shoot.
It is no secret men and women are different, so special considerations and adjustments must be made when teaching a woman how to shoot. Many men don’t realize this and they continue to try to push their female students to use the same equipment and methods that they use when teaching their male students. This is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole…..eventually, you may get it in there, but it just isn’t quite right.
In the ARCS Beginner Handgun Use for the Average Woman class we will cover:
- What type of gun best suits you (not what your dad, husband, etc. “thinks” you need)
- How your handgun works (what actually occurs to make it fire)
- Exploring methods of carry (finding the right way for YOU to carry your pistol)
- Learning & Practicing the fundamentals of marksmanship
- Trigger Control
- Breath Control
- Sight Picture
- Sight Alignment
- Follow Through
- Live fire practice (at the end of the class so you can see your marksmanship improving)
What you will need for this class:
- An open mind….at least for the day, forget what you think you know about shooting.
- Eye protection (basic safety glasses or shooting glass can be picked up for less than $10)
- Hearing protection (both foam/rubber plugs or ear muff style are fine)
- Your handgun (if you don’t have a gun just bring ammo we’ll provide a gun)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Instruction fee $125
The cost of this class is the same as what you will find most concealed carry class cost, but concealed carry classes teach law and policy. This class is not about law and policy; it is about how to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to make accurate shots with your handgun, and that is what counts!
Don’t have a gun? No problem, just bring 50 rounds of ammo.
(.380, 9mm, .38 or .40 cal)
CLASS WILL BE HELD AT
Masonic Lodge 112 Fifth Street, Benton, LA
To Be Announce
Starts @ 8:30am
(depending on the amount of questions and training needed by the students