Concealed Handgun Permit Training Taught By Professional Law Enforcement Training Officer
Get the absolute BEST concealed carry training possible!
Can you really afford to settle for less than the very best training when your life, or the lives of your loved ones, depend on it? Are you trained well enough to adequately justify your actions to the police and the courts after an incident that could land you in jail, or ruin you financially for life if you make the wrong decision?
With the combined training and experience of Jeremy Haas and Jim Banks, you will be receiving the absolute best and most thorough Concealed Handgun Permit training you will find anywhere!
As the ARCS CHP lead instructor, Jeremy Haas brings to the table over 7 years of experience as a full-time, sworn, law enforcement officer and trainer, and an additional 10 years of training experience as a U.S. military combat veteran that has served in various theaters. He currently serves as a Master Training Instructor at a regional law enforcement training academy in Northwest Louisiana where he specializes in Use of Force Training, Defensive Tactics, Active Shooter Response, and various others segments of law enforcement officer training. Jeremy is certified as a Louisiana P.O.S.T. Academy Master Instructor and P.O.S.T. Corrections Master Instructor, making him part of an elite group of less than 10 law enforcement instructors in the entire state of Louisiana to carry this dual instructor certification.
Jeremy is in the top 0.5% of his instructor peers. He is one of very few instructors that the Louisiana State P.O.S.T. Council has authorized to write and amend the entire Louisiana state law enforcement officer training curriculum, and to train and certify every full-time and adjunct instructor for all law enforcement academies in the state of Louisiana. He is a highly sought after instructor trainer and certifier and if frequently asked to travel throughout the state to train and update existing law enforcement instructors.
Jim Banks brings to the table 40 plus years of shooting experience and is also a U.S. military combat veteran having served in multiple theaters. Jim is a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and a Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor that has been certified by the Louisiana State Police. Jim serves as a full-time firefighter/paramedic and shares his experience and knowledge dealing with various shooting situations, the types of wounds created by handguns, and emergency medical treatment for those types of injuries.
At ARCS Self Defense we are committed to ensuring that all of our students receive the highest quality Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) Training. When you finish up for the day you’ll leave with not only all the requirements for your Louisiana CHP satisfied, but also the knowledge and confidence to carry your handgun in a safe and lawful manner.
Required training for Louisiana CHP:
- One hour of instruction on Handgun Nomenclature & Safe Handling Procedures of a Revolver and Semi-Automatic Pistol
- One hour of instruction on Ammunition, Knowledge & Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting.
- Three hours of instruction on the Use of Deadly Force and Conflict Resolution which will include a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 as well a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force.
- One hour of instruction on Handgun Shooting Positions
- One hour of instruction on Child Access Prevention
- Two hours of Live Fire / Range Qualification and Proper Handgun Cleaning Procedures are required as listed below:
- Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a
- total of 36 rounds.
- Each applicant must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance,
- Each applicant must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRA B-27 Type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds.
We essentially offer a “1 stop shopping experience” when it comes to obtaining your CHP. During our training class we will provide you with the following:
- An in-depth classroom experience that meets and exceeds the state’s requirements.
- Hands on individualized training at the range.
- Certificate of Training and Quick Reference Packet pertaining to Louisiana CHP rules and regulations.
- Fingerprint cards will be completed free of charge.
- Notary service is provided free of charge to ensure all your application paperwork is certified and ready to be mailed to the state permit office.
We make absolutely certain that all of our students are properly trained in the laws pertaining to self-defense and justified lawful use of force. You’ll be given all the training you need to make sure you are comfortable carrying a concealed handgun, if we need to stay late to assist you….we will.
We look forward to you joining one of our classes!